Time is quickly passing! State Degree Applications will be scored and either recommended or denied on Wednesday, January 26, 2011. That’s 8 days from today! Applications have to be finished up enough to print signature pages so that you can get those prior to the 26th so we can put your entire application together.
If you are simply applying for the State Degree – Stacia, Tucker, Sami, Kelsey, Spencer, Austin, Ethan, Jeremy, Ryan and Cam – all you need is your state degree application completed, printed and signed.
Star applicants – Brooke – Farmer, Syd – Placement: you’ll need your records printed out that “match” your state degree application, you will also have to complete the Star Battery – click here and scroll down to degrees, download the link that says “Star Battery”. Star candidates will be up for two $750 scholarships. Interviews will be held Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at the Pizza Ranch in Hartford. Yes, you should be in O.D. There are star applications lying around that you can get ideas from. Just dig!
There are also Star awards in AgriScience and Agribusiness – not sure if we have anyone that really fits neatly into either category.
Scholarship applications – are you done yet? I know that some of you are waiting for tax info. As of this writing, I have not received any e mail notification from National FFA to approve and submit your applications. You still have about two weeks to complete these. Don’t let snow days get between you and scholarship money!
Proficiency applications – Maty is the only one that has completed her application. How far are you on your application? Have you found pictures to attach to your application? Keep in mind there are tons of reference applications that you can use as examples. You also have a couple of weeks to complete your proficiency application or applications.
You should also be working on something from this list, as taken from the course expectations:
Choose one of the following:
- Complete an essay for the Risk Management Essay Contest – due January 31, 2011.
- Complete the application for the Agri Entrepreneurship Award Program – due date to be determined.
- Complete a project for the AgriScience Fair at State Convention – application due date to be determined.
- Complete the application for the H.O. Sargent Student award – due February 16, 2011
- Complete the state officer or student ambassador application and prepare for interviews – application due March 11, 2011. Only those who wish to run for office or ambassador will be submitted to the state level. Seniors only
If you still have nothing to do, I believe that you are either in denial or have some serious problems. Now, off with you, get to work please. I will see you Thursday!