Here are a few rules that we’ll need to follow:
1. You may use WordPress or Blogger/Blogspot to host your blog. I’ve used both. I like the variety of looks you can achieve with WordPress; also the dashboard that allows you to post, monitor comments, add widgets etc. that WordPress allows.
WordPress has a great, easy to follow tutorial for setting up your blog.
I can help you with graphics if desired with whichever format you chose.
Styling your blog in WordPress becomes a game of learning to read code; some themes are more user friendly than others! This blog was developed using the default theme Twenty Ten. I’ve added my own graphics and changed just a few things to get closer to the look I’m going for.
To find a theme you like: on the left hand side of your dashboard, click on appearance, then themes. When the themes menu opens, click on install themes and conduct a search for themes you might like. There are also a lot on line, just search for free wordpress themes.
2. Your blog may not contain your entire first and last name. Only first names or an appropriate nickname. Your blog url and title will be something like this: myblog.blogspot.com or myblog.wordpress.com
3. All graphics must be school and FFA appropriate. No scantilly clad young men or women. Or old men or women for that matter – Ewwwwwwww! If in doubt, ask!
4. Any music associated with your blog must also be school and FFA appropriate.
5. When posting to your blog, keep in mind that your blog is a reflection of you, your family, your school, our FFA Chapter and your FFA Advisor. Once it’s out on the web, it’s really hard to take it back! Keep all language appropriate, use spell and grammar check! If you are talking about a specific person, don’t use that person’s real name.