I’ve been known to put a dab of this jelly on a triscuit, add a slice of ham and some swiss cheese, pop it into a 400 degree oven for a few minutes and wa-la – perfectly simple snacks!
Here they are, the stars of this recipe!
Recipe: Jalapeno Jelly
- 3/4 pound Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 pouches liquid pectin
- Green food coloring if desired
- Wash peppers.
- Remove seeds and inner membrane.
- Place peppers in food processor with 1 cup of vinegar.
- Puree peppers and vinegar.
- Place pureed peppers in a large heavy pot.
- Add the other cup of vinegar and 6 cups of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add pectin, return to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, seal and process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
Makes 5 to 6 half pints of jelly.
Microformatting by hRecipe.