We’ve begun the “Insanity Work-outs” and I’m pleased to say that I can still walk!
So why in the world would I post this lovely looking dessert? Well, it’s Chocolate Angel Food Cake – naturally low in calories and fat. Sometimes you just need a treat that only a traditional dessert can fulfill. One slice of cake, which is 1/12 of the cake – that’s a big portion; has only 160 calories!
Top it with unsweetened fresh or frozen berries, sugar free chocolate syrup and lite whipped topping and you’ve got a low guilt treat!
It’s got great chocolate flavor and yummy, crusty, sticky edges!
Look at all those crumbs just waiting for me to clean them up!
Just sugar free chocolate syrup and a little whipped topping works just as well too!
Simple and delicious, and good for you! What more could a gal ask for?
Recipe: Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- 1- 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Let egg whites sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Sift cocoa, powdered sugar and flour together
- Place egg whites in mixer bowl, add Cream of Tartar and Vanilla.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until peaks start to form.
- Continue beating at high speed adding sugar 2 Tablespoons at a time.
- Fold in 1/4 of flour and cocoa mixture into egg whites.
- Continue folding in flour and cocoa mixture until it is all incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a non greased Angel Food pan and smooth out.
- Run spatula through batter to remove any air pockets
- Bake in middle of 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack Run a knife around outside and inside edges and invert of serving plate.
- Serve with fresh fruit, chocolate sauce and whipped topping.
Microformatting by hRecipe.