Thing 3 was in the mood for treats this weekend so we dug out the recipe for Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars. YUM! She put the bars together and I put pork chops on the grill.
While cleaning up the supper dishes, we found this on the counter.
Thing 3 informed Mr. Wonderful that there are specific rules for quality control on Rice Krispie Bars. Such rules do not request or require the removal of a square from anywhere other than the edge of the pan, preferably the corner.
While defending himself, Mr. Wonderful informed us that he was unaware of the Rice Krispie Bar quality control rules and that his piece had been close to the edge.
The next morning, Thing 3 found this:
Again there was a discussion of the appropriate rules one should follow when providing quality control of Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars.
I guess we’ll have to keep making these until Mr. Wonderful learns the rules.
Recipe: Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 6 – 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Butter a 9X13 pan
- Pour 6 – 8 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal into the 9X13 pan.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter and bring to a boil.
- Stirring often.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal and mix well.
- Add more cereal if mixture is too gooey.
- Spread in buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Spread melted chocolate over bars
- Cool and cut
Microformatting by hRecipe.