Fried apples have been a family favorite for at least the last three or four generations. Since my students sell fruit each year, I seem to always have apples around that I need to use up. This recipe is forgiving so even if your apples aren’t as fresh and crisp as you would like, they’ll still cook up just fine.
I love this as a side dish with pork of any type. Pork chops, ham, ribs…. Yummy!
Recipe: Fried Apples
- 6 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1/2 tespoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add apple slices, sugar and spices
- Stir will and saute until apples are tender and cooked through.
- Serve warm
Microformatting by hRecipe.