I am a firm believer that chocolate and peanut butter were meant to be together!
Just some of the yumminess involved in these bars: yellow cake mix, eggs, butter, sweetened condensed milk (calories in a can), chocolate chips, peanut butter and pecans.
Place cake mix and eggs in a large bowl or mixer
Measure the peanut butter – this is the coolest kitchen invention ever! Obviously it’s from Pampered Chef. You can read all about it or even order your own here.
Add eggs and melted butter. Mix well.
Reserve 1 -1/2 cups of the cake mix mixture, press remaining mixture in a 9×13 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or greased.
Place calories in a can, (sweetened condensed milk), chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
After chocolate chips are all melted remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.
Spread chocolate mixture over the cake mix layer.
Take reserved cake mix mixture and crumble over the chocolate
Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown. Cut into bars, store covered – that is if there are any left to store.
Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 package ( 18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 Tablespoons butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces, 2 cups) chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside
- Place cake mix, eggs, butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Reserve 1 -1/2 cups of cake mixture
- Spread remaining cake mixture in the pan. Spread with your fingertips to cover the bottom and reach the sides of the pan.
- Set aside
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, 2 Tablespoons of butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir and cook until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixtures is well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla
- Pour chocolate mixture over cake crust
- Spread evenly over the crust mixture with a spatula.
- Crumble reserved cake mixture over chocolate.
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes
- Cut into 24 bars, store covered at room temperature
Microformatting by hRecipe.