Plop in 16 ounces of sour cream. I used the lower fat kind and this dish is still just as flavorful!
Don’t forget the onions and garlic!
Sprinkle in Season Salt and soup. Time to start mixing this concoction together.
Add 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese and stir a little more.
Spread in a greased 9×13 baking pan.
Bake one hour at 350, remove and top with crushed Special K Cereal – Corn Flakes are fine as well. Drizzle with melted butter and return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
Recipe: Cheesy Potatoes
- 2 pounds frozen hash brown potatoes
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Special K Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix potatoes, sour cream, soup, Season Salt, onion, garlic and cheese in a large bowl
- Spread potato mixture in a greased 9×13 baking pan
- Bake for one hour at 350
- Remove from oven and top with crushed Special K Cereal and drizzle with melted butter
- Return to oven for an additional 30 minutes