Start with three – one ounce squares of baking chocolate. Melt in a sauce pan with shortening. Be sure to stay close and stir, chocolate scorches easily.
Add milk, mixture will thicken almost immediately.
Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla or Kahlua.
Frosting will be smooth and wonderfully shiny! Spread on your favorite brownies or cake, enjoy!
Recipe: Glossy Chocolate Frosting
- 3 Tablespoons shortening
- 3 -1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt shortening and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk, mixture will immediately thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Beat well with a wire whisk.
- Pour over cake or bars
- Fight children for the privilege of licking off the whisk!
Substitute 2 teaspoons of coffee liqueur for vanilla for a hint of coffee flavor
Microformatting by hRecipe.