This recipe is simple and has very few ingredients, but oh how yummy it is! A few nights ago, Mr. Wonderful, as is his frequent habit, asked if we had any treats. Thing 3, Cony, and I headed to the kitchen and whipped up these little goodies.
All you need: brown sugar, butter, crackers, and chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray and lay out a single layer of crackers with sides touching.
How often do you take pictures of saltine crackers? Had to take another picture of these lovely crackers.
Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan, boil for 4 minutes stirring constantly
Pour boiling sugar mixture over crackers
Spread as evenly as possible
Place in oven and bake for 4 minutes
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and return to oven until chips are melted
Spread melted chocolate as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for 4 hours or longer
Remove from refrigerator to find that there is something living in there eating the toffee treats!
Break what’s left of the toffee into pieces and store in a covered container at room temperature.
Recipe: Super Simple Toffee Treats
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/3 tubes saltine crackers
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Spray with cooking spray
- Lay out crackers with sides touching covering the entire sheet.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan
- Boil for 4 minutes stirring constantly
- Pour boiling sugar mixture over crackers and spread as evenly as possible
- Place in oven and bake for 4 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Return to oven until chips are melted
- Spread melted chocolate chips over surface
- Place in refrigerator and chill for four hours or longer
- Break into pieces and store in a covered container.
Microformatting by hRecipe.